Press "Enter" to skip to content

DoT's Jan 23 order issued without telecom minister, secy consent: Sources



New Delhi, Feb 14 () The order of the Department of Telecommunications that had asked for no coercive action against telecom companies defaulting on statutory dues payment was issued without the consent of Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad and DoT secretary, sources said. The government has taken a serious view of the matter and a stringent action is being considered against those found guilty, the sources said. A senior government official privy to the development said the January 23 order was issued by the DoT without the consent of the telecom minister or DoT secretary. Earlier on Friday, the telecom department withdrew its order that asked for no coercive action against telecom companies defaulting on statutory dues payment after the Supreme Court took a strong view of non-compliance



Source link

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

INX News All Rights Reserved.2020.